Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Pintastic Tuesday 03


Welcome back for Pintastic Tuesday #3! I hope to inspire you to try a few of the things you find on pinterest and share with the rest of the world how it worked for you! Did that soap scum remover work? Were the instructions clear, etc? Was it pintastic or pindrastic? Trust me! I have had a pin-drastic failures.



The Project: The Backrub Shirt for Father's Day


Here is how this works. Dad lays on the floor wearing this shirt. The kid(s) drive their little cars around on the back of the shirt. Dad gets a massage. The kids think he is playing with them. It's a win-win!
Source: Pinterest | Original Source: The Blue Basket

The Story:

My eight year old was talking one day about how he always hand-makes gifts for me for Mother's Day. Mother's Day happens near the end of the school year, so they always do something special for moms. But, he's on his own when it comes to Father's Day. When I found this pin, I knew my son would love to make this!

Here are just a few other random reasons for doing it:
  1. It looked like tons of fun!
  2. Dad can "play" with the kids
  3. It involves Hot Wheels
  4. The car massages as the kids drive around
  5. I thought it would be a fun project for my Sunday School kids to make for their dads

 

The Results:

The kids loved the shirts! We were away on vacation last week and have been so swamped last week. We haven't had a chance to try them out yet, but I was very happy with how they turned out and my Sunday School kids had fun making them.

 

 On a side note...The two pictures above are of one of my kids who has only his mom. He made his shirt for her and wrote, "Happy Mother's Day...Even though it isn't Mother's Day".


The two shirts above were designed with roads wide enough for a Hot Wheel to drive on. 


And my sweet little niece went wild with the glitter for her dad's shirt. 


Have you made anything fun from Pinterest this week? Join in and spread the fun by leaving your link below! NOTE: The text you type in "Your Name" will display representing your link. It says a comment is required. You aren't required to comment on this post, but please comment on at least one blog post you visit.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...