Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Analyzing My Pattern Purchases - 4KCBWDAY3


Today is Day 3 of the 4th Annual Knit and Crochet Blog Week! The assignment for today:
The whole point of this topic is to experiment with infographics as a way of sharing facts, information and ideas, and to explore another tool in a blogger's arsenal of communication options.

Monday, I explained that I am mostly a busy little bee and yesterday I described how a bee picks a project. Today's challenge brings out the monkey in me...the intelligent, analytical side. My full-time job title is Information Analyst. The monkey in me drives multi-tasking for optimum efficiency and the bee in me doesn't mind flapping her wings hopping from task to task. 

The analysis I performed for this post actually has a purpose. I have logged all of my paid patterns onto a spreadsheet and created good old-fashioned charts.

Have I used all of my paid patterns?



I obviously have a lot more crochet patterns than knit patterns. And, I have several of both that have never been touched. No. I am not using all of my paid patterns.

Pattern Usage for my Top 3 Designers

This chart analyzes the purchases I have made from the Top 3 Designers and answers the question of have I used their patterns?



Doesn't it seem strange that I own 33 patterns from Designer A and have only attempted 1 pattern? There is too much to tell here, so I'll reserve that for a future blog post.

Designer B & C are both favorite designers of mine and their patterns are in different areas. There are good reasons that I have a few patterns from each of them that have not yet been touched. I just purchased an e-book with 18 patterns last week from Designer B, so of course I have not had time to work them yet.

Have You Analyzed Your Pattern Buying Tendencies?

A word of caution...do not buy a ton of patterns from a designer until after you try one of them out. You may end up like me...with 33 patterns that leave you with an icky feeling inside.


2 comments:

  1. lol this made me laugh. I have been a good girl when it comes to buying patterns from online... books and magazines....well we want tell the hubby I have 4 coming and I have bought 2 in the last week :) hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yikes. That stinks. I have a few designers who I bought books from when I first started knitting and have never made anything. Who knows if I ever will. I think sometimes it can be nice to be inspired by the FO pictures even if you don't make the item.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...