Thursday, April 25, 2013

Color Review - #4KCBWDAY4


Day Four (Thursday April 25th): Colour ReviewWhat are your favourite colours for knitted or crocheted projects. Have a think about what colours you seem to favour when yarn shopping and crafting. 
Only after writing this part of your post should you then actually look to see what colours you have used in your projects. Make a quick tally of what colours you have used in your projects over the past year and compare it to the colours you have written about.
Compare this, in turn, to the colours that are most dominant in your yarn stash – do they correlate?
Now think back to your house animal - do the colours you have chosen relate to your animal in anyway - if you are in the house of peacock, for example, are your projects often multicoloured and bright?


What colors do I gravitate toward while yarn shopping?

I am mostly drawn to neutral colors.

My favorite real (non-neutral) color is green. 

I guess the other real (non-neutral) color that I like a lot is icy blue.

Niccupp Crochet Shopping Bag
My most recent shopping trip. I went in for blue and walked out with a bag of neutrals.

What Colors Have I Used for Myself in the Past Year?

WIP Archer the Dog Design by #FreshStitches
 Archer, the dog - His future home awaits him on top of my yarn dressers.


Beautiful Knit cabled cowl made by Niccupp Crochet
Knit Cabled Cowl - I wanted to keep this, but gave it away last fall.

I made this for myself. It took weeks, but it was worth it! #niccuppcrochet
Painted Cables Scarf - Design by Tina Sanders

I made this cowl for myself on the way to Chicago.

Me on the train heading toward downtown Chicago.

We visited the bean...

My family visiting the bean in Millenium Park. Crochet Cowl by Niccupp Crochet

I think the only shocking project thing I made for myself is this.

A Surprisingly lovely finished piece! Chunky Braid Cowl { Made by Niccupp Crochet }
Chunky Braided Cowl Design by Elisabeth Spivey

That pink cowl is so bright and I actually like it a lot! It is completely off-key from what I normally make. I am in destash mode this year and I had this yarn pegged as hideous and ugly and I was so tired of seeing it in my stash. This sloppy WIP photo is an indication of my dislike for the yarn. 

Ugly yarn??

I am a strong believer that even ugly yarns can be turned into beautiful creations. Not that there really is an ugly yarn, but even the yarns that we aren't attracted to can make beautiful pieces.


What Colors Are Most Dominant In My Stash?

I feel like I should say that most of my stash is for my business. However, I still find myself with quite the selection of neutrals.

Niccupp Crochet's Neutral Yarn Drawer

And I have a lot of green...

Niccupp Crochet's Green Yarn Drawer


I clearly do not favor bright colors. This is the rest of my worsted weight yarns.

Niccupp Crochet's Other Colors Yarn Drawer

Do These Colors Reflect on Being a Bee?

Bees themselves are clothed in yellow and black and they are drawn toward bright-colored flowers. However, their honeycomb is neutral and that is a color I love. 

The bright flowers they find as food would not be able to survive if it weren't for the green stems and leaves.

Bee hives (which might actually belong to hornets/wasps) that I have seen hanging in trees are earthy looking. They appear to have been made from layers and layers of decaying leaves and mud. And, I have a strong attraction for brown!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...