Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Pintastic Tuesday 02

Welcome back for Pintastic Tuesday #2! Here's the plan for Tuesdays! We (yes, you can do it, too) find ideas on pinterest, make it, cook it, try it, etc. and share the results. Was it easy/difficult? Was it pintastic or pindrastic? Trust me! I have had a pin-drastic failures.

The Project: Thing 1 & Thing 2 Hats

Source: Pinterest | Original Source: Micah Makes "Happy Birthday Dr. Seuss"

The Story:

I have wanted to make Thing 1 & Thing 2 hats forever! I kept telling photographer friends to let me know if they ever get a newborn session for twins. Photographers: if you have a newborn twin session coming up, message me with details (expected delivery date and gender) at niccupp [at] gmail [dot] com.

Last week, the idea finally struck me...my best friend has 3-year old twins. Duh! I can make the hats for them! How many of us have older kids that feel left out when a new baby is born and all the attention is on the precious baby as the older kid slips to the background?

I set to work right away and stayed up past midnight working my fingers to the wire and got up the next day and finished the hats. Their baby cousin was born while I was working on the hats. I wanted to make something special for the older cousins. I didn't want to leave anyone out, so I made a long-tail hat for baby cousin in Seussical inspired colors.

I messaged my friend with the idea and she loved it. Plus, I've got to say, she has some gorgeous kids and she is a talented photographer! The photos below are used with permission from Massa Photography (no link, sorry).

Pintastic Results:





And...drum roll please....meet their new baby cousin. Everyone is smiling.



Have you made anything fun from Pinterest this week? Join in and spread the fun by leaving your link below! NOTE: The text you type in "Your Name" will display representing your link. It says a comment is required. You aren't required to comment on this post, but please comment on at least one blog post you visit.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...